3rd Field ResearchPosted: May 9, 2016
- 360° revolving pill organiser for easy viewing and pill selection
- Organise all your medicine with over 31 portable daily pill holders
- Monthly pill organiser & space saver combats forgetfulness
- No more messy countertops or cluttered cabinets, just tidy organised medication
- Never forget to take your meds again
Currently Millions are being spent in trying to develop a cure for HIV and are trying to prevent the virus from activating. Within the next 15 years or so there should be a functioning vaccine that can remove the HIV virus from users.
Also in terms of allowing the influences of condoms to be allowed into the country could become more beneficial due to the recent effects of the pope saying that the use of condoms can be now justified to the point that it is allowed to be used to the mass Christianity group in Africa.
Methods of transporting goods
Developing packing that’s also work as packing for other goods (such as Coca cola bottles) this will save the cost of transporting goods or services. This idea is purely to maximise the cost of transporting goods into Africa utilizing the unused space used in transporting in goods to allow cheaper cost in product.
This idea requires the development of allowing a target market of large companies who import a lot of products into Sub-Saharan Africa and hopefully their product can be adapted to allow enough to store their products as well as the medicine required for the users. Soft drinks companies require there vehicles to be refrigerated allowing the medicines to not be spoiled once arrived .
Can act as a marketing campaign as well for coca cola.
There are 15 available spaces in between the coca cola bottles
Similar concept I am trying to take into actions
The benefits of this design
- Fits well with the concept of the purpose
- Can be easily be removed without any external components
- Shows the target market very clearly
- Clean cut design
- The design seems to be easily able to be massed produced with out hassle
The disadvantages of the design
- There is still a lot of space that can be potentailly used
- The design of the packaging is very unclear on what is does
- Must open the packaging in order to receive instructuion
- The images on the front make it seem the product is only for small infants
- The product once removed from external transport can not be preserved long
- The design would not show it was medicine so may get confused and misinterapt with something else
Refridgration of goods when transporting
Most common way of transporting goods at a low temp will be trucks/motor vehicles . There are over 60000 refrigerated trucks active in the EU and they are split up in severval groups.
- small converted vans (up to 3.5 tonnes, for example for catering or ice cream distribution),
- rigid vehicles (trucks, up to 32 tonnes) and
- articulated vehicles (up to 44 tonnes), which are used for the majority of refrigerated road transportation operations. Articulated vehicles over 33 tonnes, account for around 80% of the total tonne-km goods movement in the UK
Popular methods of Disbution in Africa
Lack of contraception’s in Africa
Condoms should be stored at room temperature (68-77oF or 20-25oC) – not in extreme heat or cold – and away from moisture, direct sunlight and direct fluorescent light. Don’t store condoms in a glove compartment, trunk, wallet, back pocket or any other place where the temperature and humidity can damage them. And don’t use them after the expiration date, because old condoms can be dry, brittle or weakened and prone to break.
When trying to preserve Condoms :
- Don’t not store condoms in any humid areas for example wallet, pocket or trunks
- Don’t not store in any Extreme heat or cold
- Do not use after the expiration date
- Do not expose to direct sunlight or fluorescent light
- Should be preserved at temperatures of (68-77oF or 20-25oC)
Different kinds of contraception’s
For Males :
- Outer course
- Combined pill
- Female Condom
- (IUD) Intrauterine Device
- (IUS) Intrauterine system
- Vaginal ring
- Natural family planning
- Progestogen Pill
To produce a product that can help distribute medical goods into Africa without compromising the medical goods by the extreme heat complication that occur with some medical goods.
- Dimension 120mm , 80mm
- Receiving mixed reviews about the product
- Customer feedback indicates that the product is very uncomfortable and not worth the trouble and use
- Less popular and unware this was a market for women
- The packaging shows elements of female dominants in the design
- The instructions are confusing and not particularly designed well
Zimbabwe as a main target
Sovereign state is a nonphysical juridical entity that is represented by one centralized government that has sovereignty over a geographic area. International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, one government, and the capacity to enter into relations with other sovereign states
Climate : Tropical Climate
Culture : Results from
Population Male to female Ration:
Imports :The main imports within this country is south Africa providing simple goods such as rice food and other goods and services ( Develop the research further within this section )
Economic: almost 90% of the population do not have access to medical aid and also the country do not have any medical insurance ,Despite government promising medical insurance
The Government has allocated $301 million pounds towards the health sector, with a population of 13million this means that they intend to only spend around $22 dollars per person in Zimbabwe.
Health care system :
Free of charge for certain people ,pregnant women/ lactating mothers, children under the ages of 5 and people who are over the age of 60 all have access to free health care
10 million annual health care budget ( lacking government funding )
People who used a condom with a Martial partner
African results for Zimbabwe
Year : 1999
Representative : National
Gender : Both
Age group : 15-49
Sample size : 2,010
Sexually Experienced : 1,637
Implementing Organisation : Target research LTD
Funded By : USAID
Culture of using condoms can be identified through an organisation that did a survey on the development of contraception’s in several areas within Africa .
Table 3 results Women who used a condom last with a regular partner
This research indicates that the main issue of the use of contraception in the sub-Haran regions is not due an issue of arability but the social aspects of the condoms creating distrust between partners and causing conflict between each other by creating distrust.
The fact that consumer who have the HIV virus are considered outsiders and a can be shunned by the community so the use of contraception can be considered a taboo and cause suspicion that you may have the virus.
Zimbabwe has the fifth highest HIV prevalence in sub-Saharan Africa at 15%. 1.4 million people are living with HIV including 170,000 children, equating to 4% of the global
170,000 children who are born with the HIV
The famous soapstone bird carvings stood on walls and monoliths of the ancient city of Great Zimbabwe that was built, it is believed, sometime between the 12th and the 15th centuries by ancestors of the Shona. The ruins, which gave their name to modern Zimbabwe, cover some 1,800 acres (7.3 km)
The bateleur (Terathopius ecaudatus) is a medium-sized eagle in the family Accipitridae. Its closest relatives are the snake eagles. It is the only member of the genus Terathopius and may be the origin of the “Zimbabwe Bird“, national emblem of Zimbabwe. It is endemic to Africa and small parts of Arabia. “Bateleur” is French for “Street Performer”.
Coca cola life project Timeline
The reason why the project was developed was due to the fact that coca cola was in large supply everywhere in developing countries however having essentials such as medicine be scarce .
So the project was to develop packing/product to be implemented into the unused space in between coca cola bottles in order to disperse the required medications to a wider range of consumers within the developing areas .
Noticing the problem with the death rate in Africa due to common illnesses such as dehydration and ? (example of this would be that 1 in 9 children die from dehydration and ?)
The public sectors struggling to maintain a reliable supply of drugs/medications to the health facilities.
Gordons browns business all to actions, this allowed the project to become a reality with finaical support , Facebook group had started to develop during this time. Nov 2008 Coca cola workshop in Tanzania “Aid Pods” be Jane Berrys ( Additional research required)
Started distruputing to cape town partnership and trade plans in place .December 2011 COTZ start (setup phrase)
March 2012 Finalised the kit Yamoyos design
August 2013 COTZ 12 month trial period, October incorporating the learning into the scale up
Ors reduce number of zinc
Allowing the production of goods to be develop to a format in which allows the production of the product to be produced within the Africa area .