3rd Field Research Design SpecsPosted: May 9, 2016
Africa Pack Research
Design specification Required
The cost of the product
- Low cost is required for the product to allow affordability to the clients purchasing the product, this will allow more volume in the product to come as aid.
- The consumers aim to have the product to be a frugal design to create a product that can communicate to a consumer who has limited education.
- The resources used to produce this product must come from a recyclable source to allow cheaper cost in production and also allow the product to become sustainable.
- Able to preserve medication in a desert climate (hot and cold)
- Being able to with stand temperatures of 86 degrees
- Injection moulding suitable for mass production
Shelf life storage
- Must be allowed to be able to be used and ready for transportation at any time
- The aim of the project is to be aimed at the people of Zimbabwe as one of Sub-Saharans main exporters they can create a large impact on the culture aspects on the rest of the continent
- The lifespan of the product must be able to exceed the expiry date of any medication and withstand multiple environments without deterioration of the products materials
- The materials used will be PET and PLA suitable for the injection moulding process .
- The product must be able to fit in the bottles nicely as well as the extra component fitting into the pockets better.
Shipping and transporting
- Lowed shipping cost by using the unused space in between bottles to lower cost and allow the export of the goods to spread out far